Thursday 17 December 2015

First Year Update


One year ago I moved into Unit 2 farthing Road – an older industrial unit with a small office with a warehouse that needed some attention – but it was big enough to start.
Launching a new company along with a brand that is new to Europe was exciting, slightly daunting and I must say somewhat scary. After 23+ years of being an employee and loving every minute of it, I was now alone and eager to get started and bring Drive Parts Direct Ltd to life.
Jan through to March was taken up getting myself and the company ready for launch, trying to work out warehouse space requirements for the stock coming in, setting up a location system and bring our web site and portal to life and ready for the big day!! Those months, like the rest of this year just flew by. In March the first Steigentech belt and matting stock arrived along with the Diamond Sapphire chain stock and at last I could begin trading in earnest. I am pleased to say the products we sell and the service we give have been well received and our customer base continues to grow.
I would like to thank all of you for your trust in Drive Parts Direct and our products. While saying thank you, at this point I must also thank my wife for becoming my unpaid warehouse person on a part time/weekend basis – the truth is she just wanted to spend some time with me J Well that’s my take on the situation!!
To my delight as this first year of trading draws to an end we have been able to expand our warehouse which will allow us to hold more core product stock -it’s already on order!! I am already looking ahead and planning to add more products to our existing ranges, as we continue our growth plan.
You may have already seen that we have decided to exhibit at the Drives & Controls show April 12th-14th – the UK’s leading event for Power Transmission products, here we will exhibiting Steigentech product’s along with other products from our range. We would love to meet you if you’re going to the show – along with me the vice president of the Steigentech group will also be on hand to discuss our products and services and how we can help your business grow.
I look back on this year with some degree of pride and an overwhelming feeling of excitement for 2016, along with the relief of “I’ve made it through the first year and were still here”! New staff will mean that I will be able to “leave my baby” and travel to meet customers both new, old and potential, and spread the word about the quality value for money we have to offer. And my wife will be able to get back to the housework :)
It’s been a good first year and I have loved every minute of it, I thank you all once again for your business, support and trust, and for those of you who are reading this and haven’t made the change yet, all I can ask is why not give us a try, you won’t be disappointed.

Warehouse March with first belt stock being checked.



Warehouse today – with 2 floors and belts unpacked and laid out in section/size order.

 



                  Remember Think value, Think Quality, Think Drive Parts Direct Ltd.

No comments:

Post a Comment